Junior Camp Info
Our four day Junior Camps are for boys and girls in grades K-3 (Fall 2022). Excel Junior Camp is a great introduction to the “Excel Experience” in shorter hours. Filled with skill development, entertaining lectures and games. Allow us to share our passion and love for the game with your children. The camp utilizes Junior Basketballs and Lower Hoops.
- Monday through Thursday
- 2:15 PM – 4:15 PM: Summer Jr. Camp (time subject to change based on COVID)
Dates & Locations
Excel Junior Camps are for boys and girls. Grade levels are as of Fall 2022.
|Camp||Dates||Location||Grade Levels||AM/PM Care||Gallery|
|Spring Break Jr. Camp||April 4 ‐ April 7||Ult. Fieldhouse||K-3|
|Junior Camp 1||July 11 ‐ July 14||Ult. Fieldhouse||K-3|
- $165 per camper
- Registration is limited and acceptance is on a “first come-first served” basis. Online Registration is now available.
- Camp T-Shirt
- Challenging instruction & games
The Ultimate Fieldhouse:
2675 Mitchell Drive, Walnut Creek, CA
440 La Gonda Way, Danville, CA
2nd/3rd Graders: Choosing between Day and Junior Camp
If your child is in 2nd or 3rd grade, you have the option of choosing between our Day and Junior Camps. If your 2nd/3rd grader is not yet able to easily shoot on a full height (10′) basket and/or does not yet have the attention span to make it through a full day of basketball camp, they will have much better experience in our Junior Camp. Typically, only more advanced second graders who are already playing in a league that uses 10′ hoops should enroll in day camp. Otherwise they will develop better in Junior Camp!
2:15 PM – 4:15 PM
The daily sessions typically include:
- Station Drills: Passing, Shooting, Defense, Dribbling, Rebounding, Ballhandling, Offensive Moves, and Game Situations
- Games: Each player plays equal time, 2 games per day
- Daily Lectures: Stresses Defense and shares fun stories.
- Dribble Series: Each camper has a ball in their hands, developing their skills.
- Ballhandling Series: The “mini version” of our “Pistol Pete” Ballhandling
- Passing Station: Players learn great technique while competing for the “World Championship.”