Hoops Care Camp
In accordance with the safety protocols and procedures established in Contra Costa County Health Order No. HO-COVID19-09 (sect. 16.F.XXVI) and to ensure a safe camp environment in the wake of COVID-19, Excel has converted its 2020 Day Camps to our new Hoops Care Camp format.
Hoops Care Camps
Our Hoop Care Camps are designed to provide a safe and social distance compliant format, allowing kids to get out of the house and active in basketball, and providing their parents with time to work.
These camps will follow the operational and social distancing guidelines established in Contra Costa County Health Order No. HO-COVID19-09 (sect. 16.F.XXVI), and in some cases, our own stricter health and safety procedures. Our goal is to allow kids to participate in non-contact basketball drills, while limiting the risk of exposure through proper screening, sanitation, and social distancing procedures.
The guidelines for what is safe and permissible change daily. So, in the event that restrictions loosen, we may alter the format to allow additional activity or additional participants.
- Monday through Friday
- 9:00 AM – 11:30 AM
Dates & Locations
Hoop Care Camps are for boys and girls. Grade levels are as of Fall 2020.
|Camp||Dates||Location||Grade Levels||AM/PM Care||Gallery|
|Session 1 AM||June 15 ‐ June 19||Ultimate Fieldhouse||Grades 3-9|
|Session 2 AM||June 22 ‐ June 26||Ultimate Fieldhouse||Grades 3-9|
|Session 3 AM||June 29 ‐ July 3||Ultimate Fieldhouse||Grades 3-9|
|Session 4 AM||July 6 ‐ July 10||Ultimate Fieldhouse||Grades 3-9|
|Session 5 AM||July 13 ‐ July 17||Ultimate Fieldhouse||Grades 3-9|
|Session 6 AM||July 20 ‐ July 24||Ultimate Fieldhouse||Grades 3-9|
|Session 7 AM||July 27 ‐ July 31||Ultimate Fieldhouse||Grades 3-9|
Schedule and format are subject top change
- $230 per camper
- $205 per camper (sibling discount, first child is at full price, must share a basket)
- Registration is extremely limited and acceptance is on a “first come-first served” basis.
- Online Registration is now available.
- Camp T-Shirt
- Camp Report Card
- Challenging week of instruction
AM/PM Care is not available for these camps.
The Ultimate Fieldhouse:
2675 Mitchell Drive, Walnut Creek, CA
Camp Saftey Guidelines
In order to ensure we minimize the risk of exposure to COVID-19, we will implement the procedures below. See the Return to Play presentation (below) for more detailed information. All policies subject to change.
- All activities will be NON-CONTACT
- No Shared Equipment
- 1 player per basket
- Max 6 players per court (This will be their “Cohort”)
- Participants will remain in/at their assigned space/basket
- Players will get their own rebounds
- 1 coach per Cohort
- 1 Director to lead activity/enforce procedures
- Minimum 6 feet of social distancing space at all times
- Players must wear face mask upon entry/in common areas
- A sanitized basketball(s) will be provided upon entry
- Only the player will use this ball during the workout
- Players will check-in one at a time
- Players must remain at least 6 feet apart during check-in
- Players must sanitize hands upon entry
- Players must sanitize any “Allowable Items” brought in
- Allowable Items: (Personal Water Bottle, Cell Phone, Keys, Wallet, Required Medication/Medical Devices
- Sanitized allowable items will be placed in a sanitized bin
- Player will take bin with them to assigned basket
- Parents are not allowed in (past check-in)
- This will limit unnecessary exposure
- Coaches will wear masks & have temp checked daily
- Parents must complete a “wellness” screening/questionnaire prior to drop-off each day. Confirms child:
- Has practiced proper social distancing protocols
- Has not been traveling
- Has no indications of illness
- Has not had a temperature over 100.4 for last 24 hours
- Players will also be temperature checked by our staff prior to entry.
- Medical clearance required before allowing previously Infected player to return (prevent future complications)
- If a participant is found to be infected, it will immediately be reported to County who will determine next steps.
FIELDHOUSE RETURN TO PLAY_ALL